We’re getting toward the end of the week and to help us make it to the weekend, I’d like to share some reasons why you are worth whatever you are being paid (or think you should be paid) and more.
Here’s why you are worth your reward (and please help me add to this list!):
- Someone needs what you have to offer.
- Imposter syndrome? You are not an imposter. You are what you do, and more.
- You incur costs to create what you create, to do what you do. What are your costs?
- Competitors… what do THEY get paid?
- Would you be missed if you weren’t there?
- Are you good at convincing, persuading? These might be skills to develop.
- You might have the right consumer, but not the right customer. Think about not only who uses what you create, but who actually pays for it.
- What is your customer’s cost of NOT working with you?
- What value do you add to your team, to you employer’s offering?
- It’s possible that you are not talking to or working with the right group or audience. Find people who appreciate you.
We are just getting started. Let’s build this list and talk about it some more.
You are worth it.
See you tomorrow.